Sunday, June 7, 2020

Christmas Morning Veggie and Egg Recipe Plan

Its Christmas morning and I’m going to make a yummy breakfast but I’m not going to spend hours doing it. So I’ve collected recipes over the years and over time have come up with a menu that works for me and my family. Something simple, healthy, and yummy and works well for those on special diets. No matter what I choose for my breakfast morning, I always include this recipe!

Sheet Pan Veggies and Eggs

Prep 10 minutes (especially if you buy everything pre-packaged- which I do!)

Cook 20 minutes (10 minutes plus 10 minutes equals 20 minutes- I can do math!)

Ingredients: (amount doesn’t have to be exact)

Package of mushrooms 8oz

Package of broccoli florets 12 oz

1 red bell pepper, chopped

3 Tbsp avocado oil

¼ tsp dried thyme

8 large eggs

Directions:

1.       Preheat oven to 400 F.

2.       Combine mushrooms, broccoli, pepper, oil, thyme, salt, pepper, and any other veggies you want to throw in there- on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (Parchment paper should work up to 425 F).

3.       Spread veggies into a single later and bake for 10 minutes or until veggies brown. Stir

4.       Make 8 indentations (or however many eggs you want to squeeze in) in vegetables.

5.       Crack an egg into each indentation and sprinkle with salt and pepper to preferred taste.

6.       Bake 8-10 minutes or until eggs are done as desired. They won’t looked “cooked” so check firmness.

 

No comments: